Buying a smartphone when you have to stick to a budget can be quite tough. With so many options available, choosing the one suiting our preferences is a difficult task. Google’s Android operating system accounts for a vast majority in today’s smartphone market. Here we bring to you the ten best selling smartphones under Rs. 10000 available in the Indian market.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 3
Xiaomi Redmi is the best phone to buy under Rs. 10000 and can go against any of the best smartphone makers. The best thing about the phone is its battery life, which almost last for a full day to a day and a half depending upon the usage. The camera is acceptable for this price range and the performance is best in class. The specifications are mentioned below:
- 5.5 inches HD display; 1080 x 1920 pixels
- MIUI 7.0; Android OS, v5.1.1; Qualcomm Snapdragon
- 16 GB, 2 GB RAM; 32 GB, 3 GB RAM (up to 256 GB)
- 16 MP Primary, 5 MP Secondary
- 5000mAh battery
- Price: Rs. 9999 (on Flipkart)
Redmi 3s Prime
The Xiaomi Redmi 3s Prime almost resembles the Redmi Note 3 making it perhaps the most ergonomic smartphone under Rs. 10000. The best thing about the phone would definitely be its classy metallic look and the light weight. The long battery life is an add on. The specifications are mentioned below:
- Price: Rs. 8,999 (on Flipkart)
- 5.0 inches display, 720 x 1280 pixels
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430; 64-bit octa-core processor
- 32 GB internal storage, 3 GB RAM (expandable up to up to 256 GB)
- 13 MP (Phase Detection Autofocus (PDAF) Primary camera, 5 MP secondary camera
- 4100 mAh battery
Redmi 3S Prime has a metal body and is available in Gold, Dark Grey and Silver colors.
Asus Zenfone Max Black
It is available in two variants, one is priced Rs. 8,999 (2GB RAM/16GB internal storage/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 410); and the other costs Rs. 9,999 (2GB RAM/32 GB storage/Qualcomm Snapdragon 6150, both expandable up to 64 GB. The one thing good about this Asus phone is its excellent camera. The battery is just complimentary. The specifications of the phone are in details below:
- 5000 mAh
- 5.5 inches, 720 x 1280 pixels
- Android OS, Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
- 13 MP camera, f/2.0, dual-LED flash; 5MP secondary camera, f/2.0
- Price Rs. 8,999 (on Flipkart)
This phone is available in three colors: Black, Golden and White; and is one of the best buys under Rs. 10,000.
Coolpad Note 3 Plus
Though there is nothing extraordinary about the design of this phone, it is currently the most affordable phone to sport a finger print scanner and 3GB of RAM. Apart from that, the phone hits low for its camera and display. The specifications are mentioned below:
- Price: Rs. 8,999
- 5.5 inch Full HD scratch resistant display
- 1.3GHz octa-core MediaTek chipset
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage
- 360-degree fingerprint scanner.
- 13MP rear camera and 5MP front camera.
- 3000mAh battery; Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- White and gold color
Moto G 3rd Generation
This smartphone was released in July, and has remained one of the best devices in the Rs. 10000 price bracket. The specifications in details are mentioned below:
- 5.0 inches, 720 x 1280 pixel display
- Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop), upgradable to v6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410
- 8 GB, 1 GB RAM; 16 GB, 2 GB RAM (Memory Card Supported, up to 32 GB)
- 2470 mAh battery
- 13 MP rear camera, 5 MP front camera
- Quad Core, 1.4 GHz Processor
The USP of Moto G (3rd Gen) is that the smartphone is water-resistant and its excellent camera.
Meizu M3 Note
Chinese smartphone maker has launched its latest phablet, Meizu M3 for the Indian market and priced it at Rs. 9,999. The smartphone comes in two variants, one with 2GB RAM with 16GB internal storage and the other one with 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB for both the variant. The specifications of the phone are mentioned below:
- Aluminium body, available in White, Silver and Gold
- 5.5 inch Full HD 1080P display, 403 pixels per inch
- 13 MP rear camera, 5MP primary camera
- 4100mAh battery
- 1.8GHz Helio P10 octa-core processor
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and NFC connectivity options.
- The image quality was good, we were not very happy with the color reproduction of M3 Note’s camera The smartphone packs a and comes with
LeEco Le 1S Eco
Leshi Internet Information & Technology or LeEco launched its LeEco Le 1s smartphone in India in January this year at a price tag of Rs 10,999. However, it went on its first sale for a special discounted price of Rs 9999. With an attractive metallic body, finger print sensor and a quite well to do, it is not a bad bargain at all.
- 3 GB RAM | 32 GB ROM
- 5.5 inch Full HD Display
- 13MP Primary Camera | 5MP Front
- 3000 mAh Li-Ion Polymer Battery
- Android Lollipop
- 5.5 inch
- Full HD, 1920 x 1080 Pixels
- 3 GB RAM, 32 GB ROM
XOLO BLACK X1
Launched exclusively for the Indian market, Xolo X1 with a price tag of Rs. 9,999 initially, which have been discounted to Rs. 7,999 currently. The robust configuration of the phone accompanied by its great looks makes its one of the best bargain under the Rs, 10,000 bucket. This masterpiece handset features full HD recording and playback. Octa-core processor along with 3G RAM delivers very smooth workflow in the device. The specifications are mentioned below:
- 5.5 Full HD Resolution, 1080×1920 pixels
- 2400 mAh Battery
- 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM (expandable up to 128 GB)
- 13 MP+2MP Dual Rear & 5 MP Front Camera
- 1.5 GHz Octa Core Processor
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with HIVE Atlas UI running on top
This smartphone was released in October in 2015 with a price tag of Rs. 7999. However, various online platforms like Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon are selling it in a discounted price. The features of the phone are quite okay for its price, however the fact that the screen is not protected by any scratch resistant display puts it off a bit. The specifications of the device are mentioned below:
- 5 inch IPS LCD Capacitive touch screen, 720×1280 pixels, 294 pixels per inch
- 8.7mm thin
- 1.3 Ghz Quad core MediaTek MT6735 processor
- 2 GB of RAM.
- Graphics processor
- 16 GB of internal storage, expanded to 128 GB via microSD card.
- Android 5.1 OS
- 2500 mAh battery.
- Dual SIM, GPS, HotSpot, Bluetooth
- 13 MP, 5 MP; Video Recording
Samsung Galaxy ON 7
Samsung has been on a roll this year and has been mostly focusing in the mid range with the A series, E series and the J series. The On series is the newest series from Samsung where it aims to focus on the low end of the market. The Samsung Galaxy On 7 Price in India is Rs 10,990 which is the official launch price. However, the best price of Samsung Galaxy ON 7 is Rs. 9,690 on Flipkart. The specifications of the phone are:
- 5.5 inch screen, 1280×720 pixels
- Snapdragon 410 Processor
- 1.5GB of RAM which may be a hiccup if you are a heavy user.
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB.
- 13 megapixel back camera, 5 megapixel selfie camera.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop with Samsung’s own TouchWiz UI on top of it.
- Dual SIM, LTE on both the SIM cards, Band 3 (1800Mhz)
- 4G, Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11, b/g/n, mobile hotspot, A-GPS and.