South Korean Mobile handset maker, LG has launched its first modular smart phone, G5, on its Indian website. Pricing it at Rs. 54,000, it is the first ever LG modular smart-phone to be launched in India. Along with this, LG has also listed 360 VR, 360 CAM and CAM plus-priced at Rs. 21990, Rs. 21490, Rs. 6500 respectively on the same website. The LG officials announced the release of G4 in Friday the 21st may, 2016, adding that pre booking for the flagship has started, and will be available at retail and mobile stores, LG brand outlets and online at Flipkart. The booking for LG G5 starts from May 21, open till May 20, 2016.
In a statement from LG, it was revealed that the customers who get the smartphone booked will get an additional companion device called the LG cam plus, absolutely free.
The specifications of LG’s G5 smart-phone are listed below:
- 5.3 inch IPS Quantum QHD display.
- Dual rear camera with wide angles.
- Metal uni-body, equipped with Qualcom Snapdragon 820 processor, integrated X12 LTE modem which supports category 12 download.
- Download speed up to 600 Mbps
- LTE Category 13 uplink speeds up to 150 Mbps
- 64 bit performance
- Color options: Gold, Silver and Titan color vibrant.
- 2800 mAh removable battery
- Qualcomm Adreno 530 graphics and lower-power Qualcomm Hexagon DSP and Qualcomm Spectra 14-bit dual image signal processors (ISPs)
- Vows to deliver high resolution DSLR quality images and additional power settings
Priced at Rs. 54000, LG G5 will definitely be a tad bit costly for the common people, but as far as the brand goes, we hope for the best for them.