Are you a startup eCommerce company or business, do you have an online commercial venture and looking for a cheap, affordable, but reliable and best Indian Payment Gateway in India to kick-start your business? Then definitely try CCAvenue, one of the best and India’s leading payment solution provider. CCAvenue is one of the largest payment gateway in India which caters to various sections of the ecommerce industry, starting from small volume of startups to very large scale businesses. What differentiates CCAvenue from the other competitors is their top-notch customer support, easy and friendly setup process and easy integration with almost all possible shopping carts and platforms.
With the ecommerce industry booming and competition becoming fierce, ensuring a hassle free and smooth transaction, quick and flexible payment options to a customer is the key to make your business successful. This is where the payment gateway plays a crucial role as most customers look for a convenient and quick way to make payment using credit cards, debit cards or online banking. Gone are the days of expecting a customer to make a cheque payment or NEFT, unless you are dealing with exclusive products not available online easily.
Having a Payment Gateway on your website also plays a crucial role in earning the trust of your customers, as it definitely boost the confidence of customers that the website is genuine and legitimate.
CCAvenue with their new Free Pricing model aims to encourage and consolidate the entry level startup businesses. For a startup ecommerce business, many of whom want to test their innovative ecom ideas and ventures, payment gateway setup fees and charges were the most deterrent factors. The free pricing model will also encourage the established but low volume businesses to implement payment gateway on their websites, and if successful they would definitely upgrade to the next tier.
Payment gateway options in India have been few and limited, but steadily increasing over the last few years. List of some Indian Payment gateway providers are
CCAvenue is transparent about its pricing policy and offers one of the best rates among its competitors. Under the new pricing model which was introduced on 12th February 2013, CCAvenue now offers their entry-level ‘Economy’ payment gateway package for free. The set-up fee for the Economy scheme which was earlier Rs. 7500 is now free while the ASUC (Annual software upgradation charges) amounting to aprrox Rs. 1200 p.a. has been waived off for the 1st year.
Although the Transaction Discount Rates (TDR’s) on each transaction are on the higher side, this still provides an option to the limited budget entrepreneurs to test the waters before going out with guns blazing.
CCAvenue can be easily integrated with various platforms. Ready made CCAvenue integration API’s are available for the following third party shopping carts.
Applying for CCAvenue Payment Gateway
- If you have an online ecommerce website selling physical or virtual products, you can apply with CCAvenue.
- Products/goods or businesses which are NOT accepted by CCAvenue are listed on their website here.
Before you apply, a few basic requirements.
- Your website should be fully functional and live.
- The website should have the following pages/links clearly visible and functional
- Once you have the information updated, you can sign up from here and also check the other requirements.
After you sign up on CCAvenue,
- You will be redirected to CCAvenue’s payment page where you can pay CCAvenue’s set-up fees (if opting for Premium or Privilege Account package) either by credit card, net banking or demand draft or even a cheque (drawn in favour of AVENUES (INDIA) PVT. LTD.). Customers opting for the free package will not be required to make any payment.
- Your information is then processed and scrutinized by CCAvenue’s Business Development and Security team, who take about 1 to 2 business days for processing an approval. During scrutiny, you may be asked to provide more details on the nature of your business, business owner details, bank account details, etc..
- If approved, you will receive e-mail from CCAvenue with the good news and a list of documents required from you by CCAvenue. You will also have to download the CCAvenue Client Service Agreement from the site, which you will have to print it out on a Rs. 300/- stamp paper and get it signed by the Authorized Personnel of your firm/company.
- You then have to post/courier/hand deliver it at AVENUES (INDIA) PVT. LTD., Plaza Asiad, Second Floor, S.V. Road, Santa Cruz (West), Mumbai 400054, India within seven days of receipt thereof. When we receive payment and complete documentation from you, your account will be configured and activated to accept payments from the following credit cards – American Express, Citibank E-Cards, Diners Club, JCB Cards, and Visa.
- Please Note: At this point in time, due to revised procedures initiated by MasterCard, configuring MasterCard, will take approximately 8 to 10 weeks from the date of activation. You will receive an Email, containing the integration procedure, which will guide you to integrate your site with CCAvenue’s payment gateway. If all the requisite information is provided to CCAvenue to our satisfaction, you could be approved in less than 24 hours and go live within 72 hours, therefore it is advisable to fill in complete details in the SIGN UP form. If however, your registration is disapproved, the monies paid by you towards your CCAvenue account will be credited back to you immediately.
- CCAvenue Client Agreement form can be viewed and downloaded from here.
- Actual time frame for this process is about 1-2 weeks.