Reliance Jio has finally opened up its 4G network for the public by launching an invite system. Under this Jio Preview offer, even the non-RIL employees can access the 4G network. However, a non-RIL employee has to get an invite from a RIL employee and get a Lyf handset to access the network. These are not tough hurdles to cross, as RIL has employed over 1 lakh persons and each employee gets over 10 invites, for which they will attain one unique code for each invite. Also, the Lyf handset comes only for Rs. 5000, and hence will not burn a hole in the pocket of the customers.
The Jio Preview offer brings to its customers an unlimited package. It brings unlimited voice, video, data, SMS benefits along with free subscription to 8 premium Jio apps. Free national roaming is also included, though, international roaming has been ticked off the chart. It is a true unlimited offer without any FUP, which will offer an average speed of 30 Mbps for 4G. Customers can also enjoy limitless downloading 24×7, though it is not advisable to download terabytes of data and bring the network down. Jio has mentioned in its booklet of terms and conditions that the unlimited data offered is only for individual use, and any if commercial use is detected, the connection will be blocked by the company.
Let us give a look at how to get the Jio Preview offer.
Once a customer buys the Lyf mobile phone and gets an invite from a RIL employee, he is all set to start the installation process.
- The RIL employee should enter your mobile number or email in the Jio Private Portal to get the invite. Some RIL employees are offering invites for the public in social media
- Once the customer receives the invite from Jio, take a print out and visit the nearest Reliance digital express store.
- Buy a Lyf mobile phone. It is to be noted that these phone come with a lot many options, hence choose the one best suited according to your needs.
- Opting for the Jio preview is almost similar like buying a new SIM card, a new customer has to submit the required documents to get the Jio connection registered in his/her name.
- Once the documents are submitted, and the connection is activated after tele-verification, the customer can access the Jio preview offer from his Lyf phone.
The Jio preview offer, however, comes with a list of pros and cons. Keeping in mind to stack off Lyf phones from the shelf, the Jio Preview is applicable only on Lyf mobile phones. However the deal of investing Rs. 5499 (approx. for the phone) is absolutely worth it, especially when the customers are getting 4G unlimited data, call and others etc for 90 days. Currently Lyf is the fifth largest smartphone vendor in India, where the mobile phone market is predominated by Chinese brands. Customers should note that since Reliance Jio is providing 4G network service to the users through the jio Preview offer, the actual implementation may get a but delayed owing to the company’s priorities regarding technical aspects.
In such a situation, the offer may seem quite a dud now, but it is definitely going to be a big hit gradually.